Palcut expands into Spain and Portugal
03 December 2020
Palcut A/S now enters the Spanish and Portuguese markets. Palcut sees a big potential for their innovative solutions for packaging lines in the huge food and beverage industry of the Iberian Peninsula
Xavi Llebaria will be responsible for Palcuts operations in Spain and Portugal.
Palcut A/S opens a sales and support office in Spain. The office has been operational since November 1st and covers Spain and Portugal on behalf of Palcut, market leader in fully automated solutions for anti-slip sheets in palletising lines.
For Palcut, the new initiative is a strategic decision to support especially the food and beverage industry of the Iberian Peninsula, where there has been a significant increase in automation and installation of robots. In addition, a population of over 60 million and a large tourism industry also contribute to the great market potential of the two countries.
- The Spanish food and beverage industry is developing strongly in these years, not least regarding the packaging lines where the use of robots is gaining momentum, so there is great potential for Palcut, says Palle A. Christensen, Sales Manager for East & South Europe, as motivation for establishing the new sales office.
Local support with industry experience
The Iberia sales office is located in Tarragona, near Barcelona. Xavi Llebaria has been appointed as responsible for Iberia operations including sales, support and service. He is an industry veteran and comes from various managerial positions in the packaging industry.
- With Xavi Llebaria, we have the right person for the job as he has experience with sales from the packaging industry and knows the needs of the Spanish and Portuguese customers, says Palle A. Christensen and continues:
- His task will be to approach end-users in the industry as well as system integrators who automate and install palletizing solutions. Further, he will develop the distributor network within anti-slip sheets and support existing customers, typically multinational food companies.
The time is right for sustainable solutions
- The Palcut solution increases uptime and significantly reduces the need for manual work on the automatic packaging lines, and now the Spanish food industry is ready to benefit from the advantages, says Xavi Llebaria, Sales Manager Iberia. He continues:
- The Palcut solution significantly reduces the consumption of packaging materials, in the form of cardboard and plastic. This increases the customers' competitiveness because they get stronger selling points against the retail trade. More and more retail chains are pushing to reduce CO2 emissions and deliver more sustainable products and services.
- We are happy that we are now able to serve our existing and new customers with our new Spanish operation and we have high expectations of gaining a stronger foothold as we get closer to the markets, concludes Palle A. Christensen.